I’ve been having so much fun decorating for Fall.  Here are a few DIY projects that I worked on for the season.

DIY Fall Sign

To be totally honest I really didn’t have any direction for this project.  Derek had some extra wood and I wanted to make a rustic looking sign…that’s it! At one point I actually thought this would end up in the trash but the result surprised me!

IMG_0812

Before the paint…two boring pieces of wood!

IMG_0813

I found this random can of paint in our basement. It belonged to the people that lived here before us and I have no idea how long it has been sitting! So I mixed some Martha Stewart Craft Paint with this 100 year old random can of paint in an empty formula container. Like I said – no direction!

IMG_0814

I wasn’t satisfied with this so I decided to keep painting and mixing different colors.

I added ASCP in cream to lighten up the sign and dark wax for some dimension.

I added ASCP in cream to lighten up the sign and dark wax for some dimension.

IMG_5926

The finished product! One thing I should have done – measure out the letters instead of eyeballing them. All in all I’m pretty happy with it.

Pumpkin Bell Jars

I was bored with my apothecary jars so I switched up the glassware on my console table to bell jars from Michael's.  I also used a birch tree stump and moss from Michael's to fill the jar.

I was bored with my apothecary jars so I switched up the glassware on my console table to bell jars from Michael’s. I also used a birch tree stump and moss from Michael’s to fill the jars.

I can never get enough of a good stamp! These canvas tags were the perfect finishing touch.

I can never get enough of a good stamp! These canvas tags were the perfect finishing touch.

Floating Candles for Fall

If you saw the post that I wrote for Blake's Baptism you'll see that I reused the cylinders and stumps for this project.  I used some dried wheat and fall berries to stick in the wreath.  The leaf can be found in the scrapbooking aisle in Michael's.  I used a hole punch and some twine to tie it to the glass.

If you saw the post that I wrote for Blake’s Baptism you’ll see that I reused the cylinders and stumps for this project. I used some dried wheat and fall berries to stick in the wreath. The leaf can be found in the scrapbooking aisle in Michael’s. I used a hole punch and some twine to tie it to the glass.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *